ALL of the Lucinda accommodation houses listed here allow you to leave your vehicles on their premises while you hike. And ALL of them provide a complimentary shower when you return from your hike prior to leaving on your return journey.
- Hello World Ingham –
Air and Land Transfers and Accommodation for Hinchinbrook Island Visitors transfers – we recommend you start here. Phone +61 (0)7 4776 5677 or call Rashelle’s mobile +61 (0) 488 262 736. They are based at 34 Herbert St Ingham QLD 4850
- Wanderer’s Holiday Village Very Hiker Friendly: complimentary car storage while you hike and complimentary shower on your return from the island
- Conveniently located! Just 100 metres from the local pub where you will want a bite and a beverage, and walk home (no driving).
Lucinda: Phone (07) 4777 8213. Wanderers has a full range of accommodation options to suit any requirements you may have. 8 tent sites located on a grassed area, close to the amenities and free BBQ area. 148 powered sites with concrete annex pads, individual sullage, water and power.
If camping in the great outdoors does not suit you, there are 13 self contained, air conditioned cabins with a double and two singles in each, plus a family cabin that sleeps up to six people.
- Thorsborne Trail track notes from the Queensland Government’s “Dept of National Parks etc.” This is a must-read for anyone considering “doing the trail.” The article has extensive references to their MAP of the Thorsborne Trail which should be printed and taken with you. Some people laminate it. 🙂
- Department of Environment and Heritage Protection: “Crocodiles—Be croc wise.” Useful list of precautions and videos for when camping and traversing waterways in any area where crocodiles might possibly be about.
- GAS CANNISTERS are available at Mitre10, 72 Townsville Road, Ingham, just 20 minutes away. Phone 07 4776 1662
- SUPERMARKET SUPPLIES – Both Coles and Woolworths are only 20 minutes from Lucinda, at Ingham.
- Lucinda Point Hotel Motel Restaurant complimentary car storage while you hike but currently no complimentary shower on your return from the island
Lucinda: Phone 07 4777 8103 (Int+61 7 4777 8103). . Also Facebook
A good range of accommodation
- Hinchinbrook Marine Cove Resort no complimentary car storage while you hike and no complimentary shower on your return from the island
Hinchinbrook Marine Cove Resort in Lucinda, near Ingham on Far North Queensland’s Cassowary Coast, is a four-star resort motel with million-dollar views of the Hinchinbrook Island National Park and direct access to boating, fishing and other tourism attractions. Hinchinbrook Marine Cove Resort has a private jetty, boat ramp and 33 family friendly motel, bungalow and apartment units that provide accommodation options to both small and large groups of guests.
The modern, spacious and well-appointed rooms include 19 Resort Motel rooms that sleep up to three guests, 12 self-contained Resort Motel Bungalows for up to five guests and a self-contained Three-Bedroom Apartment for up to six guests. Phone: +61 (7) 47778395 / Mobile: +61 427055678 / +61 427175567 Website for rates and reservations
- Lucinda Fishing Lodge – bookings no complimentary car storage while you hike and no complimentary shower on your return from the island
- Right on the water at Lucinda, and affordable. Website or Phone them direct on +61 (0)477 999 900
Queen Villa | Family Bungalow | Resort Pool
Check Permit Availability
- Click Here to open the Parks Permits area. Opens in a new tab so you can refer back here for further instructions
- Ignore the first row, and go to Select park. Tip: type "hinc" into the field and you can easily select "Hinchinbrook Island NP, Thorsborne Trail" (but not "Hinchinbrook Island National Park")
- Select your preferred start date
- Hit "Search"
- Scroll down and click on the Green Button that says "Check Availability"
- A popup will appear showing 3-14 days depending on your device, starting with the date you selected. Find your preferred dates that are available, or change the date and hit the search button. Proceed to booking when you find "your" dates.
Note: If you want ONLY Ferry Transfer, head on over to our Prices, Book & Pay page now.
If your choice is self-drive and you need accommodation, visit our Links and Resources page for a great selection
PLB (Personal Life Beacon) also available (Use our Contact page for PLB enquiries)
Helloworld Travel Ingham...
...is your booking agent to call for assistance with your travel enquiries.
- Thorsborne Trail Hiking Permits
- Transport: Flights, Train, Bus, Airport Shuttle, Hire Car
- Ferry Transfers
Call Rashelle at helloworld Ingham (Phone +61 (0)7 4776 5677) or call Rashelle's mobile —9am to 3pm Monday to Friday (Queensland time)— +61 (0) 488 262 736 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get you sorted for all or any of the above.