Some of the Lucinda accommodation houses listed here allow you to leave your vehicles on their premises while you hike. And some of them provide a complimentary shower when you return from your hike prior to leaving on your return journey. Some allow both
- Lucinda Cove Resort Complimentary shower on your return from the island and free car storage while you hike.
Please call for 1 night stay accomodation. Lucinda Cove Resort in Lucinda, is a four-star resort motel with bungalows and million-dollar views of the Hinchinbrook Island National Park. Direct access to boating, fishing and other tourism attractions. Lucinda Cove Resort has a private jetty, boat ramp and 33 family friendly motel, bungalow and apartment units that provide accommodation options to both small and large groups of guests. All with free wifi. Easy access to the swimming pool, BBQ areas and tackle shop.
The modern, spacious and well-appointed rooms include Resort Motel rooms that sleep up to three guests, self-contained Resort Motel Bungalows for up to five guests and a self-contained Three-Bedroom Apartment for up to six guests. Phone: +61 (7) 4777 8395 / Website for rates and reservations
- Wanderer’s Holiday Village Very Hiker Friendly: complimentary car storage while you hike and free shower on your return from the island. Conveniently located! Just 100 metres from the local pub where you will want a bite and a beverage, and walk home (no driving). Lucinda: Phone (07) 4777 8213 for 1 night stays. Wanderers has a full range of accommodation options to suit any requirements you may have. 8 tent sites located on a grassed area, close to the amenities and free BBQ area. 148 powered sites with concrete annex pads, individual sullage, water and power.
If camping in the great outdoors does not suit you, there are 13 self contained, air conditioned cabins with a double and two singles in each, plus a family cabin that sleeps up to six people.
- Vista Hinchinbrook is high on the Range, looking out over Hinchinbrook Island and its spectacular waterways.
Choose one of their luxurious, modern, self-contained cabins in a rainforest setting. Enjoy a BBQ on your large private deck, while keeping an eye out for cassowaries and other wildlife. BBQ meat packs available through reception. Your kitchenette includes kettle, microwave, electric frying pan, and plates etc. Alternatively stay in the en-suite guest room within the main complex. All rooms are ideal for couples; however, the futon seats in the Bed & Breakfast cabins can accommodate families.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone+61 (0)483 141 947 VistaHinchinbrook.com.au
- GAS CANNISTERS can be purchased from Absolute North Charters
- SUPERMARKET SUPPLIES – Both Coles and Woolworths are only 20 minutes from Lucinda, at Ingham.
- Thorsborne Trail track notes from the Queensland Government’s “Dept of National Parks etc.” This is a must-read for anyone considering “doing the trail.” The article has extensive references to their MAP of the Thorsborne Trail which should be printed and taken with you. Some people laminate it. :)Department of Environment and Heritage Protection: “Crocodiles—Be croc wise.” Useful list of precautions and videos for when camping and traversing waterways in any area where crocodiles might possibly be about.
The modern history of Hinchinbrook Island resonates with the drama of Warren Macdonald’s experience…
Today, Warren is a sought-after transformational speaker, adventurer, author and more. His mission is to help you change the way you see the world, and your place in it. warren-macdonald.com
Warren MacDonald 20 years on – and Absolute North Charters is the ferry service Warren chose (and recommends) to get him there – and back – safely and comfortably. (see video of Warren Macdonald revisiting Hinchinbrook Island)
Guided and Self-Guided Walks
Connect with nature and experience life changing adventures.
Preferred travel agent for walking tours in Australia and Overseas.
TrailHiking.com.au is Darren Edwards’ website. It offers detailed information on hiking trails throughout all of Australia, including trail descriptions, key features, photos, maps, gpx files, elevation profiles and more. The site is organised to make it easier for you to compare and choose trails that best suit your hiking preferences.
With this website, you can search for trails based on location, hiking grading, distance, or via the ‘Map View’ or ‘Near Me’ features which will display all hiking trails on a state by state level or within a 50km radius of your current location. I
Check Permit Availability
- Click Here to open the Parks Permits area. Opens in a new tab so you can refer back here for further instructions
- Ignore the first row, and go to Select park. Tip: type “hinc” into the field and you can easily select “Hinchinbrook Island NP, Thorsborne Trail” (but not “Hinchinbrook Island National Park”)
- Select your preferred start date
- Hit “Search“
- Scroll down and click on the Green Button that says “Check Availability“
- A popup will appear showing 3-14 days depending on your device, starting with the date you selected. Find your preferred dates that are available, or change the date and hit the search button. Proceed to booking when you find “your” dates.