Check Permit Availability
- Click Here to open the Parks Permits area. Opens in a new tab so you can refer back here for further instructions
- Ignore the first row, and go to Select park. Tip: type "hinc" into the field and you can easily select "Hinchinbrook Island NP, Thorsborne Trail" (but not "Hinchinbrook Island National Park")
- Select your preferred start date
- Hit "Search"
- Scroll down and click on the Green Button that says "Check Availability"
- A popup will appear showing 3-14 days depending on your device, starting with the date you selected. Find your preferred dates that are available, or change the date and hit the search button. Proceed to booking when you find "your" dates.
8am from Dungeness. This departure is NOT tide-dependent. (directions)
9:15 am from the beach at Marine Parade, in front of your accommodation (directions)
GEORGE POINT, HINCHINBROOK ISLAND PICK-UP:
We understand that for you to organise your travel itinerary you need to see the times that we are bringing you back to the mainland.
These 2018 pick up times are consistent with you the hiker crossing Mulligans Creek 30 mins prior to the pick up time. This allows you the time to enjoy your last morning at Mulligans falls and safely cross Muligan creek at a safe time.
In December the trail is not usually very busy, so we can tailor your pickup times at George Point to suit. Call or email with your enquiries for December
We give a full refund for whatever reason that you cannot hike the trail.
However, you must cancel your camping permit for the dates you have previously booked as it is imperative that other people have the chance to fill vacated positions on the trail. You then need to forward your confirmation email of your cancellation from National Parks to Absolute North Charters in order for us to be able to process a refund.
If National Parks themselves close the park we waive the need for you to forward their cancellation confirmation.
There is a fixed number of permits issued for people allowed on the trail at any given time. So please consider other people's desire to hike the trail in the event you need to cancel.